Look Up!

If you already know me you will understand the title. If you want to get to know me, just read the blog.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Mind Your Mouth

I really have something I want to blog about but I don't have a whole lot of time. (bad combination for a slow typer like myself) I wanted to share two incidents from the two past days in our family.

Incident #1: I overheard Matt (my husband) say something to my son Simon. You need to 1st understand that Simon LOVES Matt above all others. I'm sure many of you have seen this in action! When Simon sees Matt he runs up to him and squeezes him around the neck really, really hard and vibrates with excitement. It is really cute. Matt usually says something profound and heart warming like "Hey buddy". This time when it happened Matt said something completly different. He said, "It's nice that you love me so much even with all my faults.". Tears welled up in my eyes because I knew that he had been having a kind of rotten week because of things that others had said to him. It's not that easy to catch Matt in that kind of moment and now here I am blogging about it. It really hit me though. Matt knows his faults. I know most of mine. There are times to correct and teach people. So many times though we just tear and nit pick apart about unimportant matters. I'm really tired of it.

Incident#2: Matt and I were lucky enough to get over to Fredericton for a couple of days last week to visit dear friends of ours. The last night we were there was Friday and Matt, Danielle, Simon, and I ALL got sick. Barfing and such things kind of sick. The whole night will be one we will be talking about for a while. It was very difficult to clean Danielle's throw up at 2:00 in the morning. It was on Murray and Val's mattress, sheets, blankets, comforter, both pillows, both of us. It was twice as difficult because I was very ill. Everybody (but Murray) was still sleeping. Anyhow, that is probably too much detail for some of you. That's okay though. The night was worse than that. I've gone easy on you. Wait until you hear Matt's version!! On the way home Matt stopped at Sobey's for some stomach coating medicine. While he was inside, right out of the blue, Danielle said something to me that I'll treasure forever. "Mommy, you take such good care of us when we're sick-even when you're really sick." It sounded like she was going to cry. I did. My daughter said one nice thing and it literally did make my day. Hannah would want me to say that she feels the same as well:)

So lets start the change today. We can only do it one at a time. God wants us to do it. It feels great when someone does it to you. Let's focus in on picking one another up. That's what I'm gonna do.

Ephesians 4:29- Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

PS- Matt I love you just as much as Simon!! (warts and all!)

9 Comments:

  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Harley McCarville said…

    You are right on ... we need to take a step back and appreciate who we are and the good we do while also doing the same towards those around us. We need to spend more time encouraging each other and less time keeping track of each others short comings!

    Very nice thought Francine ... keep it up.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Jen Lohnes said…

    Hey Francine!!! I love this thought. It's a great reminder about the perspective that Jesus took when he encouraged his disciples and other followers rather than ripping them apart and telling them exactally how bad that messed up. We are to build eachother up and remenber that we too have faults.

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger Tyler said…

    Hope you're all feeling better or atleast soon...but more importantly not contagious, because we have Sunday school this Sunday :P

    That was a really nice comment that Danielle said! And it's true, I'm sure you always put everyone before yourself :)

    And I know personally, I have to work on what Ephesians says. It's always nice to hear something nice from someone.

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Tyler said…

    10:59 PM? Blogger is off by 2 hours :P

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Katherine Karen said…

    That verse...just says it all.
    Think before you speak.
    I often struggle with that daily.
    Glad to know there's a verse about it somewhere in the Good Book.
    You and your family make me laugh and smile a lot...at least what I read about. I just wanted to say, that even though I'm at Cornwall this year, and not Sherwood...it has been really great knowing you and your family this year, and I look forward to getting to know you better when I return to MCC for my 2nd year!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    That blog suck.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    had to say that, it was just a joke though. You are great, I love you.

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    k, my comment was a joke because your blog was about building people up and such...get it

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    I copy and pasted that ephesians verse to my facebook as, i love it never new it existed.Thanks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home